- Sheena Monk equals her career-best GTD qualifying in the GT-only event at VIRginia International Raceway
- Second-consecutive 10th-place start for Monk and co-driver Katherine Legge aboard the #66 Gradient Racing Acura NSX GT3 Evo22
In the second GT-only IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship event of 2023, the #66 Gradient Racing NSX GT3 Evo22 will roll off tenth on the grid in the hands of Sheena Monk and Katherine Legge.
Monk's lap time of 1:47.504 lines her up P10 for Sunday's two-hour, 40-minute event, tying her best qualifying in the IMSA GTD class—in just the previous IMSA event earlier this month at Road America.
Monk and co-driver Katherine Legge will be looking for a good result to bolster their fight for fifth in the championship. The drivers are locked in a tight six-way battle for the position, with just 108 points separating fifth and tenth in the standings. Legge and Monk currently sit eighth in the points.
- Sunday's two-hour, 40-minute Michelin GT Challenge at VIR is the second of two IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship stand-alone events for the GTD Pro and GTD classes. The first GT-only race took place at Lime Rock Park in July.
- Gradient Racing comes to VIR after finishing sixth at the previous GTD-only event at Lime Rock Park, their third top-six, and fifth top-10 result of the season. Monk, Legge and their Gradient Racing team are locked in a tight, six-way battle for fifth in the GTD Drivers' and Team's championships.
Where to Watch the Michelin GT Challenge at VIR
Flag-to-flag coverage from VIRginia International Raceway will be available on the USA Network starting at 2 p.m. EDT Sunday, with live streaming on NBC Peacock.
Acura Motorsports social media content and video links can be found on:
- Instagram (www.instagram.com/hondaracing_hpd)
- TikTok (www.tiktok.com/hondaracing_hpd)
- Twitter (www.twitter.com/HondaRacing_Hpd)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/HondaRacingHPD)
- YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/HondaRacingHPDTV)
# # #