- All-new 2015 TLX available at Acura dealerships today
- TLX pricing starts at $34,990
The all-new 2015 TLX luxury sports sedan goes on sale at Canadian Acura dealerships today, with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) starting at $34,9901. The all-new 2015 TLX was designed to deliver a unique and compelling blend of sports-sedan athleticism and premium luxury refinement, appealing to a broad cross-section of luxury sports-sedan customers with a wide range of powertrain and drivetrain options.
The TLX lineup features three distinct model offerings that carry a long list of standard luxury comfort, convenience and safety features. All TLX models can be upgraded to the Technology Package and the V-6 models are available with the line-topping Elite Package.
The 2.4-litre and 3.5-litre P-AWS models have already arrived at Canadian Acura dealerships. The 3.5-litre SH-AWD model will follow later this fall.
"Acura customers have patiently waited for the all-new TLX and we're delighted to announce the arrival of a vehicle characterized by a perfect blend of incredible performance, technology and luxury," said Dave Gardner, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Acura Canada. "The TLX heralds a new era for the Acura brand and we are excited to begin the process of getting our current and new customers behind the wheel."
2015 Acura TLX
The three model variations feature two Acura-exclusive, high-output direct-injected i-VTEC® engines, two advanced transmissions and two unique dynamic handling systems.
- The Acura TLX with a 2.4-litre 16-valve, 4-cylinder engine producing 206 horsepower2 is mated to an all-new 8-speed dual-clutch transmission (8DCT) with torque converter. The 2.4-litre TLX has an MSRP of $34,990 - less than the outgoing TSX it replaces4. The TLX Technology Package has an MSRP of $38,690. For handling prowess, it features the latest iteration of Acura's Precision All-Wheel Steer (P-AWS).
- The Acura TLX with a 3.5-litre 24-valve V-6 delivering 290-horsepower3 is mated to a new 9-speed automatic transmission (9AT) and will be available with both P-AWS and Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®). The two-wheel-drive model with P-AWS is available starting with the Technology Package at an MSRP of $41,690 - $1,900 less than the outgoing 2014 TL Technology package model. The Elite Package is priced at $45,290.
- Sharing the same 3.5-litre dynamic powertrain as the two-wheel-drive model, the all-wheel drive TLX SH-AWD features a new hydraulically controlled version of Acura's acclaimed torque vectoring SH-AWD and starts at $39,990. This starting price is an incredible $4,000 below the outgoing 2014 TL with SH-AWD. The Technology Package will be available for an MSRP of $43,890 and the Elite Package will be $47,490.
Super Handling Technology
The latest iterations of Acura super-handling technologies, P-AWS and SH-AWD, along with Agile Handling Assist (AHA), help make the TLX the most dynamically advanced Acura ever produced; quick and responsive in sporty driving, stable and sure-footed in emergency maneuvers, and calm and quiet during long-distance cruising.
- The new P-AWS system was integrated into the fundamental chassis design from the earliest stages of development, allowing engineers to take full advantage of its independent left and right rear-wheel toe angle control to enhance handling precision, maneuverability and stability.
- The next-generation SH-AWD system is 25 per cent lighter and friction is substantially reduced. The new rear-drive unit is constantly overdriven by 2.7-per cent (compared to 1.7 per cent on the previous system), with a greater torque-vectoring effect across a broader spectrum of driving situations, further enhancing cornering capability at lower speeds and in tighter-radius corners.
Acura is the luxury-performance division of Honda Canada Inc. The Acura lineup features five distinctive models including the RLX luxury performance sedan, the TLX luxury sports sedan, the ILX compact luxury sedan, the RDX luxury crossover SUV and the MDX luxury sport utility vehicle.
For More Information
Consumer information is available at www.acura.ca. To join the Acura community on Facebook, visit www.facebook.com/AcuraCanada. Additional media information including features and high-resolution photography is available at www.acuranews.ca.
1 MSRP excludes tax, license, registration, vehicle options and freight and PDI. Dealer prices may vary.
2 206 @ 6800 rpm (SAE net).
3 290 @ 6200 rpm (SAE net).
4 When compared to a TSX equipped with automatic transmission.
# # #