- Colin Braun qualifies third aboard the #60 MSR Acura ARX-06 at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
- Ricky Taylor to roll off fifth as he chases fourth consecutive Laguna Seca victory
- Gradient Racing looking for strong run from 14th
Colin Braun and Meyer Shank Racing led the Acura ARX-06 effort in IMSA GTP qualifying today, lining up third at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca in the #60 Meyer Shank Racing Acura ARX-06.
Braun and co-driver Tom Blomqvist will be looking to score Acuras 20th total and fifth consecutive win at WeatherTech Raceway. The victory would mark Acura's first win in GTP at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, following wins in Camel Lights, LMP1, LMP2, Prototype, GTD and DPi competition from 1992-2022.
Also looking for a record number of wins is Ricky Taylor. Taylor has won for Acura at Laguna Seca in 2020 for Team Penske and 2021 and 2022 with Wayne Taylor Racing. He and co-driver Filipe Albuquerque will be pushing for their third consecutive win as a pair from fifth on the grid in the #10 Wayne Taylor Racing with Andretti Autosport Acura ARX-06.
Acura NSX GT3 Evo22
In the production-based GTD category, Gradient Racing is heading up the charge for Acura with the #66 Acura NSX GT3 Evo22. Co-drivers Sheena Monk and Katherine Legge will be rolling off P14 for the Course de Monterey. The pair currently sit sixth in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship GTD standings in a season highlighted so far by a fourth-place finish at the Rolex 24 at Daytona in January.
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca Acura Qualifying Results
- 3rd overall - #60 Colin Braun, Meyer Shank Racing Acura ARX-06. Co-driver is Tom Blomqvist.
- 5th overall - #10 Ricky Taylor, Wayne Taylor Racing with Andretti Autosport Acura ARX-06. Co-driver will be Filipe Albuquerque.
- 14th GTD - #66 Sheena Monk, Gradient Racing Acura NSX GT3 Evo22. Co-driver will be Katherine Legge.
- Acura Motorsports and HPD have a long, successful history at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, recording 19 victories – more than at any other racing circuit – in Camel Lights, LMP1, LMP2, Prototype, GTD and DPi competition from 1992-2022.
- Acura's most recent victory at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca came last year, when Felipe Albuquerque and Ricky Taylor took their Wayne Taylor Racing Acura ARX-05 to victory for Acura's fourth consecutive victory at the legendary circuit; with the Meyer Shank Racing duo of Tom Blomqvist and Oliver Jarvis completing the 1-2 result.
- In previous races during the Daytona Prototype International (DPi) era, Acura Team Penske finished 1-2 in both 2019 and 2020; while Wayne Taylor Racing won in 2021.
- Acura also has been successful in the production-based GTD division. In 2018, Katherine Legge started from the GTD class pole; then went on to the class victory for Acura with co-driver Alvaro Parente. In 2020, Mario Farnbacher and Matt McMurry took the GTD victory en route to their class championship in the Meyer Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3 Evo.
Colin Braun (#60 Meyer Shank Racing Acura ARX-06) Qualified third: “It's a really good job by everybody at Meyer Shank Racing, Acura and HPD. We rolled off the truck pretty good, we've been right there at the top two or three in pretty much every session. We just missed a little bit—it was closer than I thought it would be though to be honest, so I'm pretty happy with it. It's a long race and there's lots to play out, and we've been more focused on our long run pace and tire deg. So, I'm happy with that! I think all the guys did a super nice job and we're learning more and more every time we go out.”
Ricky Taylor (#10 Wayne Taylor Racing with Andretti Autosport Acura ARX-06) Qualified fifth: “Laguna Seca qualifying is always very difficult to nail the lap and the tires correctly. Today I just missed it slightly. But the WTRAndretti team has focused a lot on our race performance, so hopefully we can let the race come to us.”
Where to Watch the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach
Television coverage from WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca begins at 3 p.m. ET Sunday with complete, flag-to-flag coverage on NBC and streaming on NBC Peacock.
Fans can listen to audio commentary via IMSA.com, RadioLeMans.com and Sirius XM Radio; and follow the race live via in-car cameras, IMSA Radio and timing & scoring available worldwide on IMSA.com and the IMSA mobile device App.
Acura Motorsports social media content and video links can be found on:
- Instagram (www.instagram.com/hondaracing_hpd)
- TikTok (www.tiktok.com/hondaracing_hpd)
- Twitter (www.twitter.com/HondaRacing_Hpd)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/HondaRacingHPD)
- YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/HondaRacingHPDTV)