The Gradient Racing #66 Acura NSX GT3 Evo22 of Sheena Monk and Katherine Legge scored a tenth-place finish in a hot and difficult day at Sunday's Micheline GT Challenge at VIRginia International Raceway.
Starting in the hands of Monk, the team would face a difficult restart following an early full-course caution, with Monk holding off the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship GTD competition for her opening stint, then handing the car over to Legge inside of the top 10.
With another difficult restart to follow, as well as a brief interlude for rain, Legge would run a heroic double stint in the Virginia heat to score the team's sixth top-10 finish of 2023.
Michelin GT Challenge at VIR Acura Race Results
- 10th GTD - #66 Katherine Legge and Sheena Monk; Gradient Racing Acura NSX GT3 Evo22
Katherine Legge (#66 Gradient Racing Acura NSX GT3 Evo22) Started 10th, finished 10th in GTD with co-driver Sheena Monk: "This was not our weekend. I think we had a 10th place car, and that's where we finished. We executed well and our team did a great job, as they have all year. Sheena did a great job in her stint, and we raced to the best of our abilities. We just didn't have any more for them today."
- Sunday's two-hour, 40-minute Michelin GT Challenge at VIR was the second of two IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship stand-alone events for the GTD Pro and GTD classes. The first GT-only race took place at Lime Rock Park in July.
After today's GT-only event at VIRginia International Raceway, the full IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship field returns September 15-17 for the Tirerack.com Battle on the Bricks on the road course at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Acura Motorsports social media content and video links can be found on:
- Instagram (www.instagram.com/hondaracing_hpd)
- TikTok (www.tiktok.com/hondaracing_hpd)
- Twitter (www.twitter.com/HondaRacing_Hpd)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/HondaRacingHPD)
- YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/HondaRacingHPDTV)
# # #